First Eco-Friendly Halloween Parade in New Orleans!
The Krewe of Boo, a Halloween parade in the French Quarter of New Orleans, has gone green!
With our New Orleans bed and breakfast located direclty on the major Mardi Gras parade route, the Grand Victorian can attest to the amount of garbage generated at each parade. We heartily applaud the Krewe’s foray into a cleaner greener parade and hope it grows to the Mardi Gras parades as well.
Locally-made food items and local collectible objects will be the only throws, and the Krewe thinks parade goers will want to consume or keep as mementos the one-of-a-kind pieces instead of catch huge quantities of beads.
Krewe organizer Blaine Kern worked with I Heart Louisiana, a company that specializes in locally-produced parade throws. Instead of beads, parade-goers will be able to catch
- Eco Friendly cups from Giacona Container Company (Louisiana made)
- Candy made in the USA
- Pralinettes from Aunt Sally’s (Made in New Orleans)
- PJs Coffee Frac Packs (Made in New Orleans)
- Carmel Corn and Chee Wee bags Elmer’s Fine Foods (Made in New Orleans)
- Zydeco Sweet Potato Nutrition Bars (Louisiana made)
- Candy Corn Necklaces (hand made in New Orleans)
- Voodoo Doll pins (hand made in New Orleans)
- Voodoo Doll magnets (hand made in New Orleans)
- Children’s Toys from Arc of Greater New Orleans
SubKrewes Chewbacchus and Bearded Oysters will be showing off original throw designs as well.
Catch and keep or eat your new throws from the Krewe of Boo on October 26 in the French Quarter and at Mardi Gras World. Your quiet New Orleans bed and breakfast oasis away from the parade is just a streetcar ride away from the parade!
Check out the Grand Victorian’s weekday special, buy 2, get 1 free. Good through mid-November!